Speed dating north west london
Sir Robert Dalrymple was a practicing advocate and lived at Castleton in the shadow of Tantallon Castle where he died on 31st August 1734.
The only building standing in what is now Forth Street was the Dirleton Granary owned by John Baillie in 1609 and John Oliver in 1634 before the ownership transferred to Alexander Nisbet of Archerfield Estate.
This was to strengthen his control over the swelling pilgrim traffic passing through the chapel dedicated to St Mary at Whitekirk, the ferry crossing at North Berwick and the St Monans shrine in Fife.
By 1413 over 15,000 pilgrims travelled this spiritual route, raising 1422 merks annually.
Selecting the person to represent the Town Council at the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland was also a priority, and the Annual Meeting of the Royal Burghs in Edinburgh.
No expense was spared to celebrate the King's birthday on 30th October and the records show that 8-12/- was spent by the town to celebrate the coronation of King George II in September 1727.